PSAH Training and Recruitment (RTO#45691) offers the nationally recognised RIIHAN308F – Load and unload plant unit ONLY THROUGH OUR Advanced Poly Welding Course with high quality course materials and premier student support. We deliver training that is customised to meet the needs of our students and employers.
Where can it take your career?
The RIIHAN308F – Load and unload plant is the latest nationally accredited unit of competency designed for students who want to achieve success in industrial loading and unloading.
This unit is perfect for learners who are looking to work in:
- Civil infrastructure
- Coal mining
- Metalliferous mining
How is the unit delivered?
Training is delivered via face to face training and assessment.
Unit Duration: This unit is designed to be completed in up to 2 days.
Expected Study Hours: Typical learners are expected to spend up to 11.5 hours, depending on existing knowledge, skills, and experience.
Note: Please read PSAH Training and Recruitment Student Handbook and other policies and procedures including Refund Policy, Complaints and Appeals Policy, RPL Procedure prior to enrolling.
What will you learn in RIIHAN308F?
This unit is designed to develop your expertise in industrial welding. Among others, you will learn to:
- Prepare to load and unload plant
- Load the plant in line with established requirements
- Unload the plant in line with established requirements
How is the unit structured?
All learners will be assessed through a combination of the following assessment methods:
- Face to face training delivery
- Trainer demonstration + Return demonstration
- Self-paced learning
- Scenario-based assessments
- Practical skills demonstration assessments
- Questioning – Written or Verbal
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal pre-requisite requirements for this unit of competency according to the training package requirements. However, PSAH Training and Recruitment training and assessment delivery strategy requires that prior to the unit, learners meet the following requirements:
All students should:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have at least Year 10 English proficiency level or equivalent
- Have basic numeracy skills in relation to equipment operating capacities
Prior to performing this activity, skills, and knowledge should be developed for the individual plant. The student must hold a ticket in the piece of plant equipment they will be loading and unloading for this unit. This can be achieved through completing the equivalent operator unit (e.g. RIIMPO320F Conduct civil construction excavator operations) or being assisted by someone who has acquired through training, qualification, or experience the knowledge and skills to carry out the task.
Under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, it is no longer a requirement to hold an earthmoving or particular crane (EPC) certificate to operate the following types of equipment:
Front-end loader backhoe
Bridge and gantry (remote control) crane
Skid steer loader
EPC licences issued prior to July 2008: Operators who hold tickets for EPC classes should retain this as evidence of having undertaken training and assessment in the operation of the particular plant.
Upon successful completion of this unit, candidates will be issued a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIHAN308F Load and unload plant. This Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date. However, industry standards recommend retraining every two (2) years.
What are the resources needed to complete the unit?
To support you in your new unit with PSAH Training and Recruitment, we will provide the following:
- Learning resources:
- Learner guides
- PowerPoint presentation
- Assessment workbook
- Industry and reference sources:
- Legislative, organisation and site requirements and procedures
- Manufacturer’s guidelines and specifications
- Australian standards
- Safe work procedures
- Graphical instructions, signage, work schedules/plans/specifications, load tables, tie-down instructions and charts and materials safety data sheet (MSDS)
- Quality requirements including those relating to dimensions, tolerances, standards of work and material standards as detailed in the project drawings, specifications, and project documentation to meet client satisfaction
- One (1) plant to be used for loading and unloading operations:
- Powered mobile plant as defined by the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 is a plant that is provided with some form of self-propulsion that is ordinarily under the direct control of an operator
- this includes:
- Earthmoving machinery (e.g. rollers, graders, scrapers, bobcats)
- Elevating work platforms
- Concrete placement booms
- Reach stackers and forklifts.
- The plant will either be wheeled or tracked
- One (1) float or trailer:
- Of generic construction or purpose designed for a particular item or range of plant
- Normally have self-loading aids although some may require an established drive on/off ramp
- Loading aids
- Securing devices
- A designated operation area for loading and unloading the plant items from floats or trailers
To complete your unit, you will need ongoing access to the following:
- Computer/laptop with relevant software such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Internet access preferably through Google Chrome
- MS Word and PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) including:
- Long sleeved shirt
- Long pants
- Steel capped or closed toe safety boots
- High-visibility clothing
On top of the resources for study, we also provide the following:
PSAH Morning tea and lunch
- Morning tea supplied (Tea, coffee, and biscuits) but the students MUST supply their own lunch
- There is a fridge and kitchen amenities available at the PSAH Training and Recruitment Pty Ltd facility
Parking at PSAH Training and Recruitment Pty Ltd facility
- Onsite parking is limited at the PSAH Training and Recruitment Pty Ltd facility but there is parking available on Robson Street
What is the unit fee?
What are the Qualification Pathways?
Once enrolled, you may also consider additional training to complement your industrial loading and unloading skills with courses such as:
- RII30919 Certificate III in Civil Construction*
- RII30415 Certificate III in Resource Processing*
- RII30115 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations*
- RII20920 Certificate II in Drilling Operations*
- RII20120 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation*
*These courses are not offered by PSAH Training and Recruitment
Please read PSAH Training and Recruitment Student Handbook and other policies and procedures including Refund Policy, Complaints and Appeals Policy, RPL Procedure prior to enrolling.